Real Estate Faculty Position (Open Rank), Non-Tenure Track
Johns Hopkins University: Carey Business School: Full-time Faculty: Practice Track
Location: Baltimore, MD, 21202; Washington, DC, 20036
Johns Hopkins Carey Business School invites applications for a practice-track (non-tenure track) faculty position in the discipline of Real Estate to start in academic year 2021-22.
We welcome applications from candidates motivated by the unique opportunity to participate in building a world-class business school at a premier private university.
We are especially interested in candidates with a passion for teaching and a strong record in the classroom, delivering high quality business education to graduate students. We are also specifically interested in candidates who bring experience and connections from the real estate industry, and who can help support our part-time MS in Real Estate and Infrastructure program through building networks with industry professionals, and helping to deliver special practical experiences for students.
Responsibilities: Teaching foundational and advanced courses in real estate at the MS level. Faculty member may also be asked to teach courses in related areas (e.g., finance) if needed and if the course fits the expertise of the faculty member. Although this is primarily a teaching position, practice track faculty are expected to engage with and mentor students, help in connecting them to industry and practice, and help in designing and delivering programs across multiple platforms and markets. We also value contributions to research that informs practice and policy.
- A PhD in a related discipline is required for all professor of practice appointments (at any rank), and must be conferred by the employment start date. For lecturer and senior lecturer appointments, a PhD is preferred, but a master’s degree is sufficient.
- Demonstrated teaching success in a business school or graduate professional school is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Successful prior engagement in business practice is preferred.
Depending on the level of academic and/or professional experience of the successful candidate, the appointment will be made at the Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Assistant Professor of Practice, or Associate Professor of Practice level. Under exceptional circumstances, appointments will be considered at the Full Professor of Practice level.
Applications MUST be submitted using Interfolio (https://apply.interfolio.com/91914) and include the following:
- Cover letter addressed to Dr. Lasse Mertins, Search Committee Chair
- Curriculum vitae
- Three (3) confidential letters of reference (should be submitted through "Dossier" via Interfolio)
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness (or equivalent in a business setting) in the form of teaching evaluations from the last 2 years
Johns Hopkins Carey Business School conducts a pre-employment background check and degree verification for all candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
Applications will be reviewed by the Search Committee and accepted until the position is filled.
The search committee is dedicated to hiring candidates who, through their research, teaching, and service will contribute to the excellence and diversity of the Carey Business School, Johns Hopkins University, our students, and the broader academic community. The leadership, faculty, and the staff of the Carey Business School are committed to enhancing our school culture through an environment that welcomes and respects everyone.