Economic and Strategic Research - Director
- Washington, DC, USA
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
In this compelling leadership position, you will lead the overall efforts on analyzing market, government, and business data in conjunction with monitoring and interpreting economic trends. In this role, you will forecast economic (and other) variables relevant to the Company, market participants, and policy makers. You will oversee the development of research and analyses used to understand borrower, lender, investor, and/or other behaviors, as well as assess the findings and recommendations through reports, research papers, and presentations to advise internal and external business partners, policy makers or other audiences.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Economic and Strategic Research - Economics - Director role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
Direct research efforts, using public and company data to inform and quantify the impact of proposed or implemented policy changes. Conduct research to understand prior market, social, or other developments relevant to internal or external stakeholders using statistical and other recognized methods.
Ensure the application of research best practices to the development and ongoing improvement of forecasts, indices, and surveys, including the evaluation of Fannie Mae's products and policies. Develop plans to implement and operationalize statistical tools and models to provide analysis for downstream users (e.g. home price forecasts or indices, survey results, or other model implementations).
Oversee the production of analyses to provide valuable information to internal or external decision makers for setting company policies, developing business products, and improving the analytic assets of the company.
Review the current state of economic, market, and regulatory developments along with relevant academic and practitioner research.
Translate findings for non-technical audiences, such as industry partners, business customers, or the media.
Minimum Required Experiences
- 8 years of relevant work experience
- Advanced Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, or similar
- Leadership Skills
- Leadership experience in managing economic research, forecasting, data analysis or related projects
- Skilled at managing workstreams and projects, including resources and people, to ensure successful and timely project completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to explain results to a broad audience
- Relationship Management including managing and engaging stakeholders, partners, customers, and vendors, and building relationship networks o Experience identifying and selecting strategic options, and identifying resources to meet the defined objectives
- Working with people with different functional expertise and backgrounds respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
- Collective capabilities for leadership, including leading teams, creating and communicating a shared vision for the team members, providing feedback on economic analysis, and coaching and mentoring
- Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, providing constructive criticism and challenge, and resolving conflict
- Ability to direct and evaluate the more technical aspects of economic analysis and research, while also managing team work product and effort to focus on the broader context and key impacts of the analysis
- Technical Skills
- Advanced knowledge of economics, statistics and data analysis
- Expertise in visualizing data, including experience with Excel, Tableau, R Shiny or similar to identify, summarize and explain observed data patterns
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to conduct and manage analysis to address complex economic or business problems
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand using graphical representation of information in the form of a charts, diagrams, pictures, and dashboards with programs and tools such as Excel, Tableau, R Shiny or similar
- Desired Experiences
- PhD in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, or similar - Experience in mortgage or housing market research and analysis
- Technical ability with statistical software packages including coding, debugging, modeling and economic analysis with relevant programming languages (Python, R, SAS, SQL, etc...)
- Experience with Cloud-based data analytics
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job ID: REF6017D
Link to apply: https://smrtr.io/5ZZwT