ECONOMIC AND STRATEGIC RESEARCH – ECONOMICS – LEAD ASSOCIATE
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As an Economist-Lead Associate, you will provide expert advice to, and lead the team in, analyzing market, government, and business data in conjunction with monitoring and interpreting economic trends. In this role, you will forecast economic (and other) variables relevant to the Company, market participants, and policy makers. You will conduct and review research to understand borrower, lender, investor, and/or other behaviors, as well as coordinate team efforts to present findings and recommendations through reports, research papers, and presentations to advise internal and external business partners, policy makers or other audiences.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
This role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and leadership to the team's research efforts, using public and company data to inform and quantify the impact of proposed or implemented policy changes. Conduct research to understand prior market, social, or other developments relevant to internal or external stakeholders using statistical and other recognized methods.
- Apply research best practices to the development and ongoing improvement of forecasts, indices, and surveys, including the evaluation of Fannie Mae's products and policies. Lead the team in applying processes and operationalizing statistical tools and models to provide analysis for downstream users (e.g. home price forecasts or indices, survey results, or other model implementations).
- Collaborate with the team, and provide guidance on, conducting analyses that provide valuable information to internal or external decision makers when setting company policies, developing business products, and improving the analytic assets of the company.
- Ensure the team is up to date on economic, market, and regulatory developments along with relevant academic and practitioner research.
- Translate findings for non-technical audiences, such as industry partners, business customers, or the media.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- 4+ years related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Strong technical ability with statistical software packages such as R, SAS, SQL, Python or similar language.
- Expertise in data visualization, including experience with platforms such as R Shiny and Tableau.
- Experience with econometric modeling and statistical analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to explain results to a broad audience.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills to conduct analysis independently to address complex economic or business problems.
- Analytical skills and ability to review economic analysis and provide feedback and guidance to other team members.
- Experience with planning, managing, tracking and executing on open-ended research projects.
- Master, PhD or advanced degree in economics or related field strongly preferred.
- Experience with Cloud-based data analytics is a plus.
- Knowledge of housing/mortgage industry is preferred.
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Please apply online at: https://fanniemae.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?job=61043