CALL FOR PAPERS
2nd Annual REALPAC / Ryerson Canadian Commercial Real Estate
We are pleased to invite you to submit your academic or professional practice research paper for the 2nd Annual REALPAC Ryerson Canadian Commercial Real Estate Research Symposium.
The symposium is organized by REALPAC and the Real Estate Management Department at the Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University, and will take place on Friday May 3rd, 2019 at Ryerson University in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Topics of Interest
We invite professional practice and academic papers that focus on:
- Risk and return relation to Canadian commercial real estate markets
- Canadian REITs, their management issues and their financial performance metrics
- Income producing real estate assets and their financial performance metrics
- Indexing and indexes of commercial real estate assets
- Spatial statistical models
- Policy issues that focus on domestic and/or international capital flows that target Canadian commercial real estate markets
- Housing issues from the viewpoint of Canadian commercial real estate
- Real estate technology and innovation, PropTech (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Blockchain)
- Sustainability in the Canadian context
- Other relevant topics to the Canadian commercial real estate industry
Goals & Objectives
The principal objective of the symposium is to bring together Canadian commercial real estate practitioners, academics and policy makers to share their Canadian research and propose and discuss solutions. International academics are also welcome. The symposium will be a valuable venue for the exchange of useful (new) ideas and knowledge and will be followed by a networking reception and dinner.
The goals of the symposium are to:
- Connect and build collaboration between the Canadian academic community, the Canadian commercial real estate industry and interested international academics and collaborators.
- Grow the body of Canadian academic real estate research and to give a place within Canada for Canadian researchers to collaborate, meet, communicate and share their research outcomes.
- Provide a forum to support Canadian academics including young scholars and graduate students.
- Provide a forum to enable collaboration between academic, private sector, government and NGO participants on real estate research topics of mutual interest.
We invite you to submit a 6-page (maximum) abstract of a proposed paper by Monday April 9, 2019, to Dr. Dogan Tirtiroglu, by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for abstract submission: Monday April 9, 2019
Notification of acceptance: Monday April 16, 2019
Deadline for final paper submission: Monday April 23, 2019
Dr. Cynthia Holmes, Associate Professor and Founding Chair of the Real Estate Management Department, Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University
Dr. Dogan Tirtiroglu, Associate Professor, Real Estate Management Department, Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University
Dr. Michael Brooks, CEO of REALPAC, and Adjunct Professor in the Real Estate Management Department, Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University
Questions & Additional Information
Please contact Dr. Dogan Tirtiroglu, email@example.com, 416-979-5000 x 543485.
If you are not able to submit a paper for this year’s symposium, we sincerely hope that you will be able to attend and contribute to the discussion and knowledge exchange. An invitation to register for the Symposium will follow in the new year.
About Ryerson University
At Ryerson University we’re dedicated to creating a culture of action. We believe that education and experience go hand-in-hand. What our students learn in the classroom is enhanced by real-world knowledge through internships and co-ops, or amplified through zone learning, specialized minors and graduate programs. Visit us at ryerson.ca
Founded in 1970, REALPAC is the national leadership association dedicated to advancing the long term vitality of Canada’s real property sector. Its membership includes chief executives and the vanguard of real estate investment. Visit us at realpac.ca