Executive, Deputy Chief Economist
CORPORATE SHARED SERVICES
Join the team that powers the global real estate economy - CoreLogic is an innovative, future focused company whose vision is to deliver unique property-level insights that power the global real estate economy.
We are a $1.95 billion dollar company with approximately 6,000 employees globally serving the financial services, insurance and real estate services industries. We are evolving at a rapid pace and the clients we serve are challenged from every direction, which means we are growing and innovating to help drive their success. Working together, and differentiated by our superior data, analytics and data-enabled solutions, we empower our clients to make smarter business decisions through data-driven insights. We take initiative, are fully accountable, build respect and trust, make transparency a must—and engage, include and collaborate at every turn. We take pride in our work and believe in cultivating a work environment that supports and values our greatest asset: our talented employees.
Reporting to the Chief Economist, the Deputy Chief Economist (DCE) will provide actionable macroeconomic insights derived from analysis of the US economy and local geographic areas with a focus on the mortgage, housing, insurance and commercial real estate markets. The role will provide actionable forecasts based on data modeling, research and application of economic theories. Working closely with the Chief Economist and executive leadership, the DCE will define and analyze the economic conditions affecting industry, markets and/or relevant business groups to facilitate strategic thinking and dialogue as to how to apply these insights for the benefit of the organization and our clients.
The role will provide leadership to the Office of the Chief Economist team through mentorship, sponsorship, coaching and direct management. This position will work in collaboration with key stakeholders across the data and insights organization, as well as the broader enterprise.
- Lead projects involving a combination of econometric analysis, data exploration, data visualization, insightful analysis and concise, yet meaningful presentations.
- Produce both periodic and ad hoc analysis and reporting to support stated goals and objectives of the organization; provide thought leadership and development of industry-facing presentations.
- Conceive, lead and manage quantitative and qualitative research projects to include leadership of matrix resources. Analyze and communicate data and insights to internal and external executive stakeholders.
- Review and identify issues and anticipate opportunities for the mortgage, housing, insurance and real-estate industries; research and advocate best practices and emerging capabilities within the statistical/ data modeling field.
- Engage in the development of team objectives and priorities; contribute to prioritization of initiatives and development of team projects.
- Develop knowledge of CoreLogic businesses to include an understanding of short-term objectives & long-term strategies for the organization, and of our clients’ priorities and the industries we serve.
- Develop an internal network and influence through ongoing development of relationships across the organization.
- Ensure compliance with CoreLogic policies, processes and practices. Maintain current knowledge of federal, state and local employment practices and labor laws. Role model CoreLogic ethical standards, professionalism and code of conduct.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS [SKILLS & EXPERIENCE]
- Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related field; PhD preferred.
- 10+ years of directly related experience in economics or research analytics. Mortgage or real estate industry experience preferred.
- 5+ years analytical experience in an asset management, finance or corporate setting.
- Well-developed knowledge of statistical and quantitative techniques; strong understanding of relational database principles; strong understanding of statistical software such as SAS or SPSS.
- Deep experience working with large, unstructured data sets; experience with big data analysis tools.
- Strong analytical, quantitative skills; strong decision-making capabilities coupled with the ability to analyze situations and provide recommendations in a clear, concise manner.
- Strategic orientation with critical thinking capabilities. Sound judgment coupled with the ability to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Global view with the ability to link global economic factors to outcomes in U.S. property and capital markets.
- Highly accurate with strong attention to detail; high degree of quality orientation; maintains internal and external data integrity, security and confidentiality.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively and proactively communicate with executive stakeholders; strong public speaking experience with the ability to engage with C-suite clients and represent CoreLogic in public relations/media settings.
- Experienced with the presentation of data and concepts resulting from modeling and research to form a view and effectively articulate insights; present and discuss complex concepts to executive audiences.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills. Effective at driving multiple priorities under tight deadlines, ability to deliver solid and consistent results and bring assignments to successful completion through engagement with others.
- Collaborative style; ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships both internal and external to the organization. Strong influencing skills; ability to lead both direct and matrix resources.
- Strong business and technical acumen with a results orientation.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed; estimate up to 30%.
CoreLogic offers an empowered work environment that encourages creativity, initiative and professional growth and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. CoreLogic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to attracting and retaining the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or status as a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. CoreLogic maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. We are fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyone’s unique contributions, experiences and values. Please apply on our website for consideration.