CORPORATE SHARED SERVICES
Join the team that powers the global real estate economy - CoreLogic is an innovative, future focused company whose vision is to deliver unique property-level insights that power the global real estate economy.
We are a $1.95 billion dollar company with approximately 6,000 employees globally serving the financial services, insurance and real estate services industries. We are evolving at a rapid pace and the clients we serve are challenged from every direction, which means we are growing and innovating to help drive their success. Working together, and differentiated by our superior data, analytics and data-enabled solutions, we empower our clients to make smarter business decisions through data-driven insights. We take initiative, are fully accountable, build respect and trust, make transparency a must—and engage, include and collaborate at every turn. We take pride in our work and believe in cultivating a work environment that supports and values our greatest asset: our talented employees.
Located within the Office of the Chief Economist, this role will be responsible for forecasts and predictions based on modeling and analysis of multiple economic and human factors, and through the application of economic theories for the real estate, mortgage, valuation and housing finance audiences. This role will forecast, analyze and document economic conditions affecting industry, markets and/or business groups. The role will use various modeling, statistical and mathematical techniques to extract data and insights to prepare and present both internally to executive leadership and externally to the market.
This role works in collaboration with fellow economists and key stakeholders across the data and insights organization, as well as the broader enterprise. The Principal, Economist will develop and influence enterprise-wide strategic initiatives and may represent CoreLogic externally through speaking and industry engagements. Selected candidate will have the ability to represent CoreLogic in a thought leadership capacity.
- Conduct complex statistical analyses and complete studies of real estate and mortgage related data.
- Make forecasts based on modeling and analysis of multiple economic and human factors.
- Performs modeling and analysis using various econometric and mathematical techniques.
- Prepare and maintain programs and documentation for asset and asset risk models. Drive the monitoring and re-engineering of current models and their prototypes as needed, to improve and enhance core models and group research objectives.
- Conceive, lead and manage quantitative and qualitative research projects independently. Analyze, present and communicate data, results and insights to internal and external stakeholders. Present and discuss outcomes and observations with executive audiences internal/ external to the organization.
- Review and identify issues and anticipate business opportunities, research best practice alternatives, develop hypotheses, test to confirm and validate with business community, present outcomes.
- Participate in the development of team objectives and priorities; contribute to prioritization of initiatives and development of team projects.
- Research advancements in complex statistical and data modeling techniques; train, coach, guide and mentor less experienced team members.
- Develop knowledge of CoreLogic businesses to include an understanding of short-term objectives & long-term strategies for the organization, and our clients’ priorities and the industries we serve.
- Develop an internal network and influence through ongoing development of relationships across the organization.
- Ensure compliance with CoreLogic policies, processes and practices. Role model CoreLogic ethical standards, professionalism and code of conduct.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS [SKILLS & EXPERIENCE]
- Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics or related field; PhD preferred.
- 10+ years of directly related experience in economics or research analytics. Mortgage or real estate industry experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of statistical and quantitative techniques.
- Strong understanding of relational database principles and experience developing SQL scripts; strong skills and prior experience with statistical software such as SAS or SPSS. Strong technical aptitude; proficient in Microsoft Office to include MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical, quantitative skills; strong decision-making capabilities coupled with the ability to analyze situations and provide recommendations in a clear, concise manner.
- Strategic orientation with critical thinking capabilities. Sound judgment coupled with the ability to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Highly accurate with strong attention to detail; high degree of quality orientation; maintains internal and external data integrity, security and confidentiality.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively and proactively communicate with a team, stakeholders and internal clients.
- Experienced with the presentation of data and concepts resulting from modeling and research to form a view and effectively articulate insights; present and discuss complex concepts to executive audiences.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills. Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines, ability to deliver solid and consistent results and bring assignments to successful completion.
- Collaborative style; ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships both internal and external to the organization.
- Strong influencing skills; ability to collaborate with and lead both direct and matrix resources.
- Strong business and technical acumen. Strong project management skills; self-motivated; ability to work independently.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed; estimate up to 15%.
CoreLogic offers an empowered work environment that encourages creativity, initiative and professional growth and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. CoreLogic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to attracting and retaining the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or status as a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. CoreLogic maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. We are fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyone’s unique contributions, experiences and values. Please apply on our website for consideration.