It is a pleasure to invite you to the first annual Canadian Commercial Real Estate Research Symposium. The symposium is organized by REALPAC and the Real Estate Management Department at the Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University and will take place on Friday May 11th at the:
Ted Rogers School of Management
55 Dundas Street West
Toronto, ON M5G 2C3
The principal objective of the symposium is to bring together Canadian commercial real estate practitioners, academic researchers, and policy makers to share their research and propose and discuss solutions. International academics are also welcome. The symposium will be a valuable venue for the exchange of ideas and knowledge and will be followed by a networking reception and dinner.
There is no cost this year.
The goals of the symposium are to:
• Connect and build collaboration between the Canadian academic community, the Canadian commercial real estate industry, and interested international academics and collaborators.
• Grow the body of Canadian academic real estate research, and to provide a venue for Canadian researchers to collaborate, meet, communicate and share their research outcomes.
• Provide a forum to support Canadian academics including young scholars and graduate students.
• Provide a forum to enable collaboration between academic, private sector, government, and NGO participants on real estate research topics of mutual interest.
Topics of Interest
We invite professional practice and academic papers that focus on:
• Risk and return in relation to Canadian commercial real estate markets
• Canadian REITs, their management issues and their financial performance metrics
• Income producing real estate assets and their financial performance metrics
• Indexing and indexes of commercial real estate assets
• Spatial statistical models
• Policy issues that focus on domestic and/or international capital flows that target Canadian commercial real estate markets
• Sustainability in the Canadian context
• Topics relevant to the Canadian commercial real estate market
• Other topics of interest to the Canadian commercial real estate industry.
We invite you to submit abstracts of a proposed paper with a maximum of 6 pages, by Monday April 15, 2018, to Dr. Dogan Tirtiroglu, Co-Chair, by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for abstract submission: Monday April 15, 2018
Notification of acceptance: Monday April 30, 2018
Deadline for final paper submission: Monday May 7, 2018
Dr. Cynthia Holmes, Founding Chair of the Real Estate Management Department, Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University
Dr. Dogan Tirtiroglu, Real Estate Management Department, Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University
Dr. Michael Brooks, CEO, REALPAC, and Adjunct Profession in the Real Estate Management Department, Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University. "