The Department of Finance at California State University, Fullerton, invites candidates to apply for a tenure-track position at the open rank of Assistant, Associate, and full Professor to begin Fall 2018. CSUF values and is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse community. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate through their teaching, research or service that they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community.
We are seeking applications for a tenure-track faculty position in the area of Real Estate or Corporate Finance. The Department is interested in Real Estate or Corporate Finance candidates with solid training, and strong teaching and research potential. The successful applicant is expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, advise students, value diversity, serve on the committees, and engage in activities that benefit the department, University, and community. Positive tenure and promotion decisions require excellent teaching, strong scholarly and creative activities which result in publication of high-quality refereed journal articles, and substantial services.
• A doctorate in Real Estate, Finance or a related field from an accredited institution. ABD’s may apply but must show evidence that the degree will be completed by the appointment date.
• Candidates must have solid training, and demonstrate strong teaching and research potential.
• Evidence of (or potential for) publications in high quality journals is required.
• Evidence of excellence in teaching is required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
• Ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse range of students, faculty, staff, and external audiences.
• Preference will be given to applicants with online teachings skills.
Rank & Salary
This is an open rank tenure‐track position. Applicants with significant experience and publication record may be considered at a higher rank. Salary is competitive and commensurate with rank, experience, and qualification. Summer research grants, moving expenses, and a reduced teaching load may be available. An excellent comprehensive benefits package is also offered which includes health/vision/dental plans; spouse, domestic partner, and/or dependent fee-waiver; access to campus child-care; and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system, along with optional tax-sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, go to: http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.php
August 15, 2018
A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment
to view all job listings and select 9839BR
to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
• Curriculum vitae
• Copies of transcripts
• Teaching evaluations (including student comments)
• Sample publication(s)
• A Student Success Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenge in teaching or working with a diverse student population (approximately one page, single-spaced)
• Three letters of reference (see instruction below)
On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will immediately receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back in to the recruitment system.
We will interview at the FMA Annual Meeting (Boston, Massachusetts). Screening for interviews at the FMA Annual Meeting will occur for vitae received by September 18, 2017. Full consideration will be given to applications received by the deadline. We will continue reviewing subsequent applicants on a rolling basis, as needed, until the position is filled.