CALL FOR PAPERS
Journal of Housing Economics: Special Issue
“Life Cycle Consumption, Housing, and Homeownership"
Special issue editors:
Thomas Davidoff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Donald Haurin (email@example.com)
On the 40th Anniversary of the publication of "Life Cycle Consumption and Homeownership" by Artle and Varaiya, we are assembling a special issue on life cycle issues in the housing market. We welcome innovative papers, ones with new models, new tests, and/or new evidence.
A partial list of topics includes:
- Longer term perspectives on the housing market
- How the housing market boom and bust affected households’ life cycle savings and housing choices
- The time varying impact of down payment constraints and intergenerational transferson households’ tenure choice
- The impact of aging in place and associated policy choices on the housing market
- The time varying impact of housing policies
- Home equity extraction, reverse mortgages, and other topics in senior housing
- Intertemporal variations in the route to home-leaving and first-time homeownership
- Intertemporal relationships of employment, job mobility, tenure and housing choices
- Intertemporal variations in house price expectations and their role in the housing market
- Intertemporal variations in demographics (aging, gender, race/ethnicity) and the impact on the housing market
- The impact of and demand for housing supply/land use regulation over households’ life cycle
This list is not exhaustive and interested authors are encouraged to contact one of the special issue editors with their proposals. Papers must be of sufficient analytical rigor to meet the customary standards of the journal.
Please take note of the following requirements:
Submissions should be made through the Journal of Housing Economics website, with the cover letter noting that the paper is being submitted to the special issue on Life Cycle Consumption, Housing, and Homeownership.
Submitted papers must not be under review by any other journal.
All papers submitted will be subject to the normal refereeing process undertaken by the journal.
The deadline for submissions is October 1, 2017.